Oxford Achiever is a comprehensive web-based learning and assessment system developed with the aim of building students’ language skills and subject knowledge along an individualized, self-paced learning path. It is a total e-learning solution for effective web/computer-based teaching and learning and is characterized by:
- Effective knowledge building and management
- Immersive self-learning experiences
- Meaningful assessments for better learning outcomes
- Closing the gap in learner abilities
Oxford Achiever is a comprehensive online learning and assessment system focusing on English. It comprises of::
- An online Placement Test for each class with immediate report that identifies students’ initial levels of subject knowledge and language aptitude.
- 36 progressive levels of difficulty (from P1 to S3) catering to learner diversity.
- Auto-marked practice exercises with questions that are tagged to specific learning objectives in six categories (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking, Grammar and Vocabulary) for accurate and ongoing formative assessment.
- Provision of post-practice, learning objective-specific self-learning materials for immediate remediation or enhancement.
- Tests and summative assessments that closely follow the local exam format(s).
- Indicative post-assessment reports and performance analyses for review of individual differences in each key learning area of a subject.
- Overview charts that compare each student’s performance as against other students in the same class, grade, local school district and/or across the territory.
- Recognition of students’ performance and achievements to boost learner motivation through level promotion, the top 10 chart for the month and academic year, trophies and awards, credits to play games in Adventureland.
Oxford Achiever intelligently decides a learning path for every student.
- A Diagnostic test automatically sets the right starting point (level) for each of 6 core skills
- Continuous formative assessments with objective-specific practice exercises that are finely graded in progressive levels of difficulty
- Immediate post-practice remediation to help students learn and achieve the target
- Detailed practice reports and progress charts for students to compare their own performance and current standing against the class (section) average and/or grade
- Real-time detailed reports for teachers to easily keep track of student progress and performance anytime
- 24/7 access
- Development of self-learning aptitude
- Excellence in transactional English
Hardware & Software Requirements
Following is the recommended system configuration for running Oxford Achiever:
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1 or later version), Windows 8, Windows XP (SP1 or later) or Windows Vista * excluding Microsoft Windows RT 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB Ram & 2 GB free hard disk space
- 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true colour
- Windows-compatible sound card speakers or earphones
- Internet connection (2 Mbps or above)
- Installed & Working Anti-Virus