As global economy moves through various phases, Indian economy has shown strength and resilience consistently over the years. This makes Indian markets much more attractive to the investors today. Thus, Indian Capital Market has become everyone’s area of interest. Time is right to foster the investment in the markets all across and hence study of the course Capital Market is so important for the students. They not only get to learn the intricacies of Indian Capital Market but also get opportunity to skill themselves to be an investor, lead manager, investment banker or a legal professional to get actively involved in the profession of Capital Market. By end of the course, students shall be able to analyze various investments in various markets. They shall also have a basic understanding of procedures, players and legal framework involved in Indian Capital Markets.
Module 1 - An Overview of the Indian Securities Market
Introduction to Indian Securities Market, Indian Securities Market-Components and Reforms.
Module 2: Trading
Stock Exchange, Trading Membership and Broker-Client Relations
Module 3: Trading
On-line Trading Systems and order management, Trading Sessions
Module 4: Clearing Settlement
Introduction to Clearing and Settlement, Risks in clearing and management
Module 5: Legal Framework
Securities and Exchange Board of India, Other Acts
- Identify the financial intermediaries and financial instruments
- Choose the market segments in the trading platform
- Select the recognized Stock Exchanges in India
- identify the functions of sub brokers
- Identify the nature of trading in a stock exchange
- Describe the features of block trading session
- Identify the steps involved in a transaction cycle
- Analyze the reports downloaded by NSCCL in CSV
- Identify the SEBI regulations related to fraudulent and unfair trade practices in securities market
- Identify various provisions of the income tax act 1961 relevant to capital markets
- Equity dealer
- Equity Research Analyst
- Equity Research Associate
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
After completing this course and successfully passing the certification examination, the student will be awarded the “Introduction to Capital Market” Certificate.
If a learner chooses not to take up the examination, they will still get a 'Participation Certificate'